What does 'Home' mean to you?
We have all heard the good old saying that “home is where the heart is.” Obviously, however, this phrase can have a multitude of meanings. The most obvious meaning is a physical location: where you live! However, we all know that home is so much more than that!
Home is where you feel safe, connected, understood and loved. The more present and engaged you are with both yourself and the world around you, the easier it will be to feel at home.
Courtesy of Be Kind to Your Mind, we explore a handful of varying ways to feel ‘at home’:
- Spend time with family. We all need a community of people to love, understand and support us.
- Spend time with friends. Friends are also at the top of the list when it comes to being unconditionally loved and supported. You don’t have to be perfect, you just have to be you.
- Experience nature. Many people say they only feel truly at home when in nature. We all need fresh air, sunshine and a break from technology.
- Take care of your body. Your physical body is the ultimate home. It houses everything that you are, from your cells to your thoughts. Respect your body by eating right, exercising, getting plenty of rest and managing your stress levels.
- Help others. By offering others your assistance and kindness, you are giving them a sense of security. It’s the people that are the glue that holds a community together, making it feel more like a home.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
What does “home” mean to you? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and don't forget to share images of your 'home' on our Instagram page with #lifeatbrunsleapark!